For the past 15 years I have been training both social work, education and child mental health professionals, foster carers, adopters and special guardians in a variety of child mental health subjects.
I have delivered training to:
- Hertfordshire’s social work academy
- The psychology doctorate at The University of Hertfordshire
- GAPS (Group for the Advancement of Psychotherapy and Psychodynamics in Social Work)
- Developing Together
- The Stephanou Foundation
- London Boroughs of Kensington and Chelsea, Islington, Camden, Westminster and Enfield. (Schools, Early Help Teams, Charities, Youth Offending Teams, Social Care, CAMHS)
- Humber Teaching NHS Trust, Inspire Inpatient adolescent service.
- Hertfordshire ARC Services
I have also led a workshop at the System Centred Training International Conference in Philadelphia 2019.
As an experienced social worker and child mental health practitioner I am enthusiastic about designing bespoke training as well as delivering training packages that I have already created.
Training Topics Delivered by Me
- Understanding Self Harm in Children and Young People
- Effective Communication with Children and Young People
- Understanding the impact of Childhood Sexually Harmful Behaviour
- Working with Sexually Harmful Behaviour in Children and Young People
- Compassion Fatigue/ Secondary Trauma
- Introduction to Adverse Childhood Experiences
- Developmental Trauma
- Why Attachment Matters
This is not an exhaustive list, so please contact me to talk about your agency’s training needs and we can explore together how to design training that works for you. Please see testimonials for feedback.